Wyoming Real Estate Appraisal School
Wondering how to become an appraiser?
As your partner in Appraisal Education in Wyoming, OnCourse Learning is an Wyoming real estate appraisal school, approved by the Wyoming Real Estate Appraisers Board to provide appraisal licensing and continuing education courses for real estate appraisal agents. OnCourse Learning provides all of the live and online appraiser license courses you will ever need for your career in real estate appraisal.
Browse online appraisal courses below to find the class that is right for you!
Wyoming Appraisal New License Requirements
There are three levels of licensure for real estate appraisers in the state of Wyoming:
- Appraiser Trainee
- Certified Residential Appraiser
- Certified General Appraiser
The licensure process involves the following requirements:
- To begin appraiser trainee requirements, applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED
- To obtain a certification, applicants must first acquire the following higher education requirements:
- For Certified Residential level: A minimum of an Associate’s Degree OR 21 college semester hours in specific subject matters
- For Certified General level: A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree OR 30 college semester hours in specific subject matter
- All applicants must pass the state exam, submit their application and pay associated fees
You can get a jumpstart on your trainee education requirements with OnCourse Learning’s Wyoming 75-Hour Real Estate Appraiser Trainee Package. This package contains three mandatory courses that cover basic appraiser principles and procedures. The educational foundation provided by this comprehensive course package will set you up for a successful career in real estate appraisals.
Wyoming Appraisal Upgrade License Requirements
Once you’ve achieved your trainee title, you’ll need 125 more hours of educational credits plus 2500 hours of experience completed in no less than 24 months in order to become a certified residential appraiser. OnCourse Learning offers 4 of the 7 mandatory courses - Residential Market Analysis and Highest and Best Use ; Residential Appraiser Site Valuation and Cost Approach ; Residential Report Writing and Case Studies ; and Residential Sales Comparison and Income Approach - to get you started.
For the certified general level, you will need 100 additional hours of education plus 3000 hours of experience (including 1500 hours of non-residential appraisals) to be completed within no less than 24 months.
Wyoming Appraisal Continuing Education Requirements
All Wyoming real estate appraiser licenses expire two years from their original date of issuance. To qualify for renewal, all licensees must complete 30 hours of continuing education within the renewal period. The 7 hour USPAP Update course must be taken as part of the 30 hours and it must be taken within 3 months of release. OnCourse Learning offers a variety of elective courses that meet continuing education requirements for a hassle free renewal period.