Mississippi Real Estate Appraisal School
Wondering how to become an appraiser?
As your partner in Appraisal Education in Mississippi, OnCourse Learning is an Mississippi real estate appraisal school, approved by the Mississippi Real Estate Appraisers Board to provide appraisal licensing and continuing education courses for real estate appraisal agents. OnCourse Learning provides all of the live and online appraiser license courses you will ever need for your career in real estate appraisal.
Browse online appraisal courses below to find the class that is right for you!
Mississippi Appraisal New License Requirements
In the state of Mississippi, there are four levels of real estate appraisal licensure:
- Appraiser Intern
- Licensed Appraiser (Track 1 and Track 2)
- Certified Residential Appraiser
- Certified General Appraiser
The following initial requirements must be met for anyone beginning the licensure process:
- Must be 18 years of age or older and have a high school diploma or GED
- Achieve a passing score on the state exam
- Submit application and associated fees
- For Certified General level: A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree OR 30 college semester hours in specific subject matters is also required
- Satisfactory completion of the corresponding state examination
- Successful submission of application and required documents and payment of associated fees
To begin as an appraiser intern, you must complete 3 mandatory courses that cover 75 hours of credits. You’ll find everything you need to begin this process in the Mississippi 75-Hour Real Estate Appraiser Intern Package on OnCourse Learning’s educational database. The courses in this packages discuss basic real estate principles and practices and introduce you to the industry standards of the career. Completely online, the courses are self-paced and user friendly. For the most convenient and comprehensive start to your professional career, OnCourse Learning offers in-depth education in a laid back format. You’ll learn everything you need to start your career without ever having to set foot in a classroom!
Mississippi Appraisal Upgrade License Requirements
If you’re ready to advance from the intern level to a licensed real estate appraiser, OnCourse Learning has you covered with another in-depth course package! The Upgrade to Licensed Level Package consists of the four mandatory courses that cover an additional 75 credit hours. Completing this course package will earn you a “Track 2” license while the coursework plus 1000 hours of experience completed in no less than 6 months will earn you a “Track 1” license.
If you would like to move onto the certified levels, you need to meet the following higher education requirements:
- For Certified Residential level: A minimum of an Associates Degree OR 21 college semester hours in specific subject matters
- For Certified General level: A minimum of a Bachelors Degree OR 30 college semester hours in specific subject matters
Additional board requirements for the certified levels are as follows:
- Certified Residential: 50 additional hours of educational credits plus 2500 hours of experience completed within no less than 24 months
- Certified General: 100 additional hours of educational credits plus 3000 hours of experience completed within no less than 30 months (including 1500 hours of nonresidential appraisals)
Mississippi Appraisal Continuing Education Requirements
All Mississippi appraisal licenses expire every two years. Licensees must complete 28 hours of continuing education (including the 7 hour USPAP Update course) to qualify for renewal before their expiration date (varies). OnCourse Learning offers simple continuing education resources with multiple elective courses and USPAP update packages. With you from the start of your career and onwards to professional development, OnCourse Learning is the industry leader in real estate appraisal education solutions.