Colorado Real Estate Appraisal School
Wondering how to become an appraiser?
As your partner in Appraisal Education in Colorado, Mbition is an Colorado real estate appraisal school, approved by the Colorado Real Estate Appraisers Board to provide appraisal licensing and continuing education courses for real estate appraisal agents. Mbition provides all of the live and online appraiser license courses you will ever need for your career in real estate appraisal.
Browse online appraisal courses below to find the class that is right for you!
Colorado Appraisal New License Requirements
There are three levels of appraisal licensure in Colorado:
- State Licensed Appraiser
- Certified Residential License
- Certified General License
Before you can consider a career in Colorado real estate appraisal, you must first meet these initial requirements:
- Must 18 years of age or older
- Must present good moral character
- Satisfactory completion of the required state examination
- Submit application and required documents and pay associated fees
To acquire the State Licensed Appraiser title, you must complete 1000 hours of experience within 6 months and 150 hours of education. Mbition provides a complete Colorado 150-Hour Real Estate Trainee & Licensed Package that covers all the required coursework to start your appraisal career. With instructor approved, multi-component courses, this educational package is the most comprehensive online real estate appraisal course you can find.
Colorado Appraisal Upgrade License Requirements
- Certified Residential Real Property Appraiser - successful completion of education and experience requirements of Licensed Real Property Appraiser PLUS Statistics, Modeling and Finance (15 hours), Advanced Residential Application and Case Studies (15 hours), Appraisal Subject Matter Electives (20 hours) and 2500 hours of experience (completed within 24 months)
- Certified General Real Property Appraiser - successful completion of education and experience requirements of Certified Residential Real Property Appraiser PLUS General Appraiser Sales Comparison and Income Approach (15 hours), General Appraiser Site Valuation and Cost Approach (15 hours), General Appraiser Income Approach (45 hours), General Appraiser Report Writing and Case Studies (10 hours), General Appraiser Market Analysis and Highest and Best Use (15 hours) and 3000 hours of experience (completed within 30 months, 1500 of which must be nonresidential appraisals).
To achieve the Certified Residential Level, an additional 50 education hours are required plus 1500 hours of experience completed within 12 months. For the Certified General level, you need an additional 100 hours of education plus 3000 hours of experience completed within 18 months with (1500 hours of which must be non-residential appraisals).
Colorado Appraisal Continuing Education Requirements
What are the state of Colorados requirements to become a licensed real estate agent?
Initial licenses expire annually on December 31. If your initial license was issued before July 1, you do not have to complete continuing education until the following year. Licenses issued before July 1 require completion of 14 hours of continuing education before December 31 of the same year. The 7-hour USPAP Update course or its equivalent must be taken every two years. Mbition provides 14 hour continuing education packages that will cover your renewal requirements.